What is ‘Personal Information’?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. There are many types of personal information that we may require in order to serve you better, including the following:
- Your identity or contact information such as name, address, phone number, fax number and email address,
- Your mortgage or financial history when purchasing a home from us,
- Other information incidental to purchasing a home from us (including information about professional advisors), and
- Information gathered in customer service inquiries, surveys, contests or inquiries into our products or services.
Why do we collect, use, and disclose your personal information?
- Establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products or services that you have requested.
- Engage in business transactions with you and provide appropriate levels of service following the completion of a transaction.
- Share personal information that we collect with other service providers such as; warranty providers, insurance companies, banking institutions and credit agencies, as well as trades or contractors, etc. who perform various functions to assist in our delivery of service to you.
- Provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Provide personal information to third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as; marketing, data processing, document management, office services, other technological or administrative services, or customer research (Such as Customer Insight, in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys).
- Use personal information at an aggregate level to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services and to enhance our marketing efforts.
- Share your personal information within our enterprise (including our subsidiaries and affiliates) to cross promote products and services which we believe will be of interest to you.
- Distribute newsletters and other informational e‐mail communications.
How do we gather your information?
We do not use techniques to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. Generally we collect personal information from you directly or from our business partners such as Realtors, or lending or mortgage officers. This information could be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail or by electronic means.
We only collect, use, or disclose personal information for the purposes we believe you would consider appropriate under the circumstances. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information unless permitted or required by law. Of course, subject to reasonable and lawful limits, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. However this choice may prevent us from providing the product, service or information you have requested.
We believe you would also expect us to contact you to advise you of new and existing services and benefits that may be of interest to you. We require each such third‐party to have a policy in place that complies with the requirements of the applicable privacy and anti‐spam legislation in Canada.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information by using industry standard technology and security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including physical, administrative and electronic controls to minimize the risk of un‐authorized access, use or disclosure of, or to, your personal information. You understand the risk of communicating by e‐mail, and that we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of e‐mail communication. We will not be responsible for messages that are not received or delivered due to technical failure or for disclosure of confidential information unless caused by intentional misconduct. Your consent can be revoked at any time by advising in writing.
Our employees are trained to appreciate the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information and the provisions of this policy apply to them as conditions of their employment.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information that is in our custody, subject only to certain legal restrictions.
We strive to ensure that all information on‐hand is accurate and up‐to‐date. We therefore urge you to provide us with updates regarding your personal information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information we hold.
Access or correction requests must be in writing and should provide sufficient detail of the nature and scope of your request.
On‐line Privacy Practices
Online Communications – In order to provide you with a service or information, you may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e‐mail list, participating in an event, and participating in contests and surveys. We may combine and store personal information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other personal information we may have collected.
E‐mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e‐mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about our products and services, and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. In this process, we may collect certain information such as the date/time you first opened our e‐mail communications, the number of times you open our e‐mail communications, the number of click‐trough’s per article, total click‐through activity on the contents of our e‐mail communications and compile generally the related statistics. We may combine and store any such information to manage and improve our e‐mail communications to you. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e‐mails from us.
Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. You are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than us, and we have no responsibility for such third party websites.
Everything contained on this site (“Content”) is copyrighted or is otherwise owned, or licensed intellectual property of Avonlea Homes Ltd. The Content includes images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, trademarks, logo, text, software, sounds, music, the website as a whole and any other materials on the website.
You may use or download the Contents solely for your personal, non‐commercial purposes, provided you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices with them. No other type of use is permitted. Downloading or export of software or technical data from this Site or any jurisdiction in violation of Canadian export laws is strictly prohibited.
You have the following options for reviewing or removing your information from our database to no longer receive communications from us. If you request your account information to be deleted from our database, we maintain information for individual sales transactions for record keeping and servicing.